Web Developer .NET / SQL
UniversityTickets specializes in software solutions for Higher Education clients across the United States. We’re seeking talented Software Engineers to develop highly scalable web-based applications for our client’s box office operations and ticketing needs.
The Web Developer position requires ideas from every area of computer science, including information retrieval, large-scale system design, networking, security, user interface design, etc.
Engineers work on many projects that carry varying responsibilities. Below are some examples of the diverse projects with which you might be involved:
- Writing server-side and client-side code for web-based applications
- Creating robust high-volume production applications, and developing prototypes quickly.
- Building our platforms, systems and networking infrastructure using your strong background in network system design, and highly scalable system development
- Developing and analyzing stored procedures in Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Mobile development for Windows Embedded and Apple devices
- Specialized skills are plus: UI development with AJAX and similar technologies, client application development for embedded systems and mobile apps (Windows Mobile/CE, Apple iPhone), Kiosk and/or Point of Sale System development, e-commerce, credit card processing, PCI, Box Office, ticketing, or large event management experience.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience
- Fluency in one or more of: C#, C++, Java
- Expertise in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of IP networking, network analysis, performance and application issues Microsoft tools and servers
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment is preferred
This is a full-time salaried position.
UniversityTickets is a software provider to hundreds of College and University box offices. We provide online ticketing, point of sale automation, access control, and all associated technology to support College Athletic programs, Performing Arts, Concerts, Music Festivals, Commencement Ceremonies, and almost any other organized event taking place on college campuses. UniversityTickets has been in business for over 10 years. We’re self-funded, we’re profitable, and we’re growing fast.
How to Apply
To apply, please e-mail resume and cover letter explaining your interest, qualifications, and salary requirements to email@example.com.